Seems like as good a time as any to update "the vision thing."
Our Vision For Community Television
Years PastIN years past, nearly 8 of them now, this page has been used to make predictions and put names on things we thought were happening now and what we thought, hoped, might be happening in the future. In many of those years those names and predictions were certainly accurate enough. In many of those years expectations were exceeded. 'Course I suppose that is the primary authors main point. If we do this right ... the vision thing ... we can even make a small difference in the way things turn out.
TodaySince success for us is multiplying the number of things done right, it's good to know that thanks to previous visions there are a number of things we can do right today
- Strategic Alliances
Seems one of those years back then was called by us, the year of the strategic alliance ... a combination of ingredients when joined together yeild results that couldn't be achieved as well or at all alone. Words like co-opetition, co-operation, co-mmunity have gained more meaning as we proceed. SoCô¿ôL and now SRL have certainly forged and hope to continue to forge certain formal and informal alliances with key individuals and groups that have contributed to our current skills and results.
- Individuals - Critical Partners
- Jon Kennedy
Jon, the son. Things multiply in pairs. The desire of the father to have the son learn a skill, a process for success he could call his own led to a 13 year olds appetite for technology. The PC. What better tool to expand your capabilities, to multiply your knowledge, your skill, your attitude and your goals.
What better skill to develop, together with your father. Skills and results your father could never have known without you.
- Thomas A Most
Thomas A Most was the primary partner in those early days. Sharing similar desires to get to the next step and the next and the next. Approaching the comuter, the internet, people, personal philsophy in different ways [?] the end results seemed and have always seemed to be the primary thing. What can we do for ourselves and others that can make it possible to do it just a little better tomorrow than we can do it today? What next? You think we should call it SoCô¿ôL ô¿~?
- Sean Bressie
Attending a single meeting of 37 'techies' looking for work, Sean was the one that 'stuck.'
Early on Sean demonstrated one quality SoCô¿ôL Bob would have a hard time 'not' identifying with. At the time we would call it that "add-on" personality. The kind of personality that's capable of focusing on the good being achieved and adding one more thing.
Wouldn't it be nice it if were more "local?" Sean would say ... about the internet. Isn't it true that the essence of all communication is that it's "local."
It's Sean Bressie who has been there to do one more good thing to make all our favorite good things happen.
- A place to live with a nearby job to help me afford it
- A partnership and alliance with the CMC
- A camera pal, an editing pal, a computer pal. Hey Sean, it's showtime ô¿~
- Any Number of Others Including Individuals and Groups
- Trina - Health and Harmony Festival, Spirit of Christmas Krafts Faire
So I like to say thank you for the little things that people do that have made it possible for us to do what we do better. Trina has been terrific !!! Starting with the special necklace that let everybody know we were "cleared" to be there. It gave us a chance to be just a part of the 'gang' taking more pictures of more people and improving the show. Everybody in a similar role please consider the big difference these little differences make. Trina ... and everyone ... let's look forward to doing more and better this year.
- Erica Sweet- Volunteer Center of Sonoma County, The Human Race
Erica is gone now, back to her home state of Washington. But, it was Erica who said yes to SRL covering The Breakfast of Champions, Erica who, despite the fact, she dreaded the thought of being on camera, created the most of a 60 second spot that ran forever ... and Erica who got us the parking pass that made 9,999 other pictures possible. Thanks Erica for the power of the simple yes.
- Buzzy Martin- For his participant appreciation and encouragement at so many different events. Buzzy's so much fun to 'cover' ... he's always enthusiastic, he's always thinking of others AND he really likes what we do ô¿~
- Brent Farris- For allowing us to show him off
- Jim Grady- The same
- Norton Buffalo- The same
- Frankie Moreno- The same
- A Whole Lot of Others - The same
- Laurie Cirivello, Steve Delap, Paul Schwartz, The Secret Man, Mary and Patty and Jeff and Gus and Philomena and everyone else that works and participates at CMC
- SoCô¿ôL Moments and our oh so many 'secret stars.'
- Other Media - A part of our goal is to celebrate and encourage the media we do have. What better helpers to help each other reach community goals?
- Event Producers, Co-ordinators, Talent. Our goal is to celebrate and if possible add to what you already do.
- Most importantly YOU. The individual members and good deeds of the community are the beginning and end of all our shows. What we are able to do in the future will depend primarily on YOU.
- Critical Skills
- Ability to communicate one with one
- Ability to communicate one with many
- group meetings and events
- television production and distribution
- internet production and distribution
- Ability to organize to help others - The critical skill necessary to help others is the ability to help and encourage others to help themselves in little ways. What better way to encourage others to set and achieve positive goals than by highlighting their activities when they do so?
The Vision Thing
- We want to help Santa Rosa, Sonoma County and others to perfect the vision of the community through community media including TV.
- We see a television that presents more and better the individual and collective achievement of so many.
- We want everybody to grow the habits of:
- Keeping their eye on the Prize
- Doing their best.
- Congratulating themselves and others on the things they do well.
- Anxiously looking forward to the opportunity to do it again, today, tomorrow and next year.
Previous Visions ô¿~