Harry Martin is a local journalist ... not "local" in Sonoma County ... but right next door in Napa. Harry may not be the only "true" journalist in the "North Bay" ... but ... he is certainly the most dynamic. Harry finds out stuff. Where he finds it and how ... I'm not sure ... but I do know that Harry gets phones calls ... makes a few ... sends EMail ... publishes the highly readable Napa Sentinel weekly ... and now publishes just a smidgeon of some of his nationally significant material on the INTERNET. I'm not sure I'm capable of being a judge of every thing Harry has to say .... but ... the people of Napa sure get a good look at him .... good enough they elected him to their Board of Supervisors. Harry seems to get his fingers and himself into a lot of pies .... and he generally comes out a winner.
Here is a slightly condensed version of Harry's Cover Article from the Napa Sentinel
25 Questions that have not been answered in Richard Allen Davis trial.
The purpose of the article was not to answer any questions ... but to combine questions asked by Frank Spierling, author of "Who Killed Polly Klaas ?", with questions asked by the family, the news media, and law enforcement. According to the article, none of these questions have been answered at the trial:Harry may know more than he's telling .... huh Harry ? ... or YOU may have a question/answer or two ... if so .... send them EMail Subject: Polly Klaas. We'll do our best to keep each other informed !!!
- Under the California Law Enforcement Teletype System and the National Crime Information Center, any person on parole for felony convictions is listed. When Richard Allen Davis was questioned on Pythian Road and a check was run on him, the claim is that no information was printed out on any warrants or his priors or his parole status. How is this possible ?
- Davis was drinking beer and driving a vehicle in the presence of officers, he also claimed he was sightseeing in the pitch dark when accused of trespassing. An officer admitted leaving this information out of his report on Davis. Why no citation or arrest or further questioning ?
- What was the motive for Polly's kidnapping and why did Davis ask "Who lives here?"
- Who was the man seen on the back porch of Polly's house talking to Richard Allen Davis just prior to the kidnapping?
- Why did 18 F.B.I. officers show up at the scene within five hours of the kidnapping when the policy generally is that they will not enter the case until after 24 hours and usually with one or two agents only ?
- Why did Davis say to the three girls in Polly['s house that "no one else was supposed to be there" especially Polly's mother ? Polly's mother was originally scheduled to be at her business that night.
- Why were pretrial hearings closed to the Press, the public and the family ?
- Why didn't the family identify Polly's body ?
- Davis claims he took Polly at random. Why would he care which girl "lives here" ?
- If, on the following morning, it struck Dana Jaffe ( as stated on Prime time Live ) and her neighbor, Bill Rivas, that Davis might have been the kidnapper, why didn't it occur to deputies Rankin and Howard, the two deputies who pulled Davis over that night ?
- Why has Polly's family from the beginning believed Davis did not work alone?
- What did Judge Dale mean when he said, " This case leaves many gnawing questions. Among them are when and how Polly died and whether she was still alive when two Sheriff's deputies questioned Davis shortly after the kidnapping" ?
- Why does Polly's father and grandfather believe Polly was handed over to someone else prior to the time Davis was discovered trespassing near Oakmont ?
- Was Polly transferred to a blue van and flowin into Angwin ?
- Why was Davis not arrested earlier when law enforcement officials knew about his whereabouts for almost a month or more ?
- And what ties exist between the 1994 kidnapping of Katie Romanek and the 1993 kidnapping of Polly Klaas ? The kidnappings had similarities - both girls were taken from their home, both victims were the same age, both crimes involved ex-convicts with long criminal records and both suspects were described as having heavily tattooed arms. And both kidnappers asked "Who lives here ?" and neither left any ransom note.
- Why did Davis' first public defender claim the body was planted and expert testimony was given that the corpse would not have decomposed so quickly at the temperature of the site ?
- Why did the Coroner not perform the autopsy until a Federal expert, who had been in Bosnia, return to do the autopsy ?
- How were dental records checked on the body when the jaw bone was missing and part of the skull was missing ?
- Why were the entrails of the corpse missing ?
- If Davis confessed to strangling Polly why was the body so badly mutilated ?
- Polly was in Napa a month prior to her kidnapping ? Davis was identified by residents of G Street near Jefferson a month prior to Polly's kidnaping allegedly stalking Napa High School students but at the same time Polly was in Napa.
- Why did Polly's step father call the Napa Sentinel ( which had not published any articles at the time ) and ask if Polly might be held in Angwin ?
- And what or who is Midnight Sterling in the San Diego area ?
- Why didn't the authorities ever acknowledge that there might have been an accomplice ? The tenant in the back of the Klaas house gave a description of a clean-shaven man peering into the back door ?
From: Marc Klaas [email@example.com]