From: "MFG INC."
Send reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Spiritual Kinsmen
Hey, what's up?
We're sittin' here watching the Return of the Jedi (while I surf in
perpetuity) and I rode the wave of Rasta to a page containing several
speaches of the Ethiopian Emperor, Haile Sellasi. Thought you might find
this short one entertaining...
- Knowing that material and spiritual progress are essential to man, we
must ceaselessly work for the equal attainment of both. Only then shall we be able to
acquire that absolute inner-calm, so necessary to our well-being.
- Whenever conflict arises between material and spiritual values, the conscience plays an important role and
anyone who suffers from a guilty conscience is never really free from this problem until he
makes peace with himself and his conscience.
- Discipline of the mind is a basic ingredient of
genuine morality and therefore of spiritual strength. Spiritual power is the eternal guide,
in this life and the life after, for man ranks supreme among all creatures. Led forward by
spiritual power, man can reach the summit destined for him by the Great Creator.
- Since nobody can interfere in the realm of God we should tolerate and live side by side with
those of other faiths. In the mystic traditions of the different religions we have a
remarkable unity of spirit. Whatever religion they may profess, they are spiritual kinsmen. While
the different religions in their historic forms bind us to limited groups and militate
against the development of loyalty to the world community, the mystics have already stood for
the fellowship of humanity...in harmony with the spirit of the mystics of ages
- No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can
judge the ways of God.